Since LifeCare® is only offered by select communities — and Brandon Wilde is the only community in the Augusta and greater Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) to offer LifeCare — there can be a lot of questions about it. What are the financial planning benefits? What is covered by the costs? How does it work with the rest of your retirement planning?
At a LifeCare community, there’s an entrance fee, which is often partially refundable to you or your estate. Brandon Wilde offers a variety of residency agreement options and is sure to have one to fit your budget. (To learn more, schedule a personal visit with one of our team members by using our contact form.) There’s also a monthly service fee, which we’ll explain a bit later. LifeCare contracts often ensure you’ll have a home for life. Be sure to thoroughly explore the details with the community you choose; not all of them guarantee lifetime residency if their residents run out of money. LifeCare communities generally have guaranteed access to all levels of care, including independent living, personal care, memory care, senior rehabilitation and skilled nursing, at predictable rates, for life at below market rates. And if you or your spouse need different levels of care, you’ll often still just pay one monthly fee — plus the cost for any additional meals.
Learn more about the costs of your home vs the cost of Brandon Wilde.
Planning for a happier, healthier and longer life
Medical and scientific advancements continue to add years to life. Moving to a Life Plan Community like Brandon Wilde can help you add life to your years. A LifeCare® contract offers a lifestyle of abundant choices and opportunities to stay active, continue finding purpose and make meaningful connections.
LifeCare is more affordable than you may think, so it’s important to start your research journey early and move in when you’re still independent to qualify.
“The cost of health care is increasing. Going to a Life Plan Community was a way for us to lock in the cost.” – Resident
Understanding entrance fees.
An entrance fee is a one-time, upfront fee you pay to move into the independent living part of a senior living community. The amount of your entrance fee depends on the size of the residence you choose, and the number of people living in the residence. At a LifeCare community, generally a portion of your entrance fee may be refundable to you or your estate.
Entrance fee tax deduction:
The IRS says some of your entrance fee — and some of your monthly service fee — may be deductible as a medical expense. Generally, regardless of which type of contract you choose, deductions are available. This is true even if you don’t receive higher levels of health care. Because tax deductions change frequently, it’s best to talk with your tax professional.
Understanding monthly service fees.
Monthly service fees are paid every month to cover the community’s services and amenities. Like the entrance fee, the amount you pay usually depends on the size of your residence and the number of people living there.
Your monthly service fee typically includes:
- All maintenance, both inside and outside your home
- Regular housekeeping, which often includes flat linen service
- Usually all utilities except for cable and telephone
- Scheduled transportation to events, shopping, medical appointments
- On-site 24/7 security
- Emergency response system
These types of amenities are also typically included:
- A dining plan with a variety of dining choices and meals prepared by Brandon Wilde’s executive and pastry chefs
- Access to the community’s fitness offerings (at Brandon Wilde that includes our Wellness Center with indoor heated saltwater pool and state-of-the-art fitness center with full-time instructors)
- Use of all common spaces (Brandon Wilde has an auditorium with regularly scheduled performances, pickleball, pool, darts, ping pong, walking and biking trails, Club Room, Club House, woodworking shop, art studio, mini-gardens, dog park and more)
- A full monthly calendar of outings, activities, events, resident committees, etc.
The best way to fully understand the vibrant Brandon Wilde lifestyle and the benefit of LifeCare is to schedule a personal visit. Fill out our form today to connect with us.