30 Reasons to Love Brandon Wilde
When Brandon Wilde was first envisioned by a small group from Augusta’s University Hospital in 1990, our mission was to serve seniors. As we approach the big three-oh, we realized that while a lot of things around our campus have changed, our goals remain the same. Today we provide a full continuum of care with a wellness philosophy focusing on the mental, physical and spiritual aspects of life to enhance the lives of residents.
As we plan for the future, we started reflecting on all the reasons residents choose our community. Soon, we had 30 reasons for each of our 30 Wilde years.
- Wilde characters: You won’t find a more friendly, diverse or well-traveled group of people who know the true value of a place to call home. In fact, since everyone has a friend at Brandon Wilde, you may know some of them already.
- Down-home hospitality: Everything we do is based on our 10 hospitality promises, which are designed to ensure we provide you and your family with superior service.
- You’ve got a plan: As a Life Plan Community, Brandon Wilde offers a full continuum of care with personal care, memory care, skilled nursing, and rehab available right on-site, should you ever need it.
- Predictability is good: As we’ve been recently reminded, life can be unpredictable. But no matter what the future brings, our LifeCare® contract can help keep your health costs predictable.
- Paths galore: If you enjoy hiking, walking and biking, we have loads of trails that start practically at your front door and take you all over our campus.
- Sawing logs: If you like cutting, gluing and sanding wood, join your fellow enthusiasts in making the sawdust fly in our woodworking shop.
- We love pets: Your furry friends are sure to love our lifestyle as much as you do.
- Wilde about wellness: Our recently renovated 22,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art wellness center and outpatient therapy gym offers places to strengthen, stretch and sweat with yoga, tai chi, pickleball, TRX suspension training, and senior-friendly HUR fitness equipment.
- Get fit: We offer 36 hours of fitness classes every week. Plus you can always meet with our on-staff fitness trainer who can recommend the appropriate exercises and classes.
- Take a dip: Our heated indoor saltwater pool is surrounded by large windows and is perfect for water aerobics, aqua therapy, swimming and relaxing year-round.
- Variety is on the menu: With a talented culinary team that incorporates regional and traditional favorites along with the latest trends, our dining room is one of the most popular spots in the community.
- Life here is event full: We have a monthly calendar filled with activities, classes and clubs. We even take daytrips kayaking, to local museums and much more.
- A mini-garden all your own: If you like to play in the dirt and watch things grow, we offer raised beds large enough to satisfy even the biggest green thumb.
- Feed your curiosity: Want to learn about technology or how to paint or knit? We offer a wide variety of lifelong learning opportunities to keep you engaged and growing.
- Join or start a club: If you have an interest, we probably have a club. If you have an interest you want to share, we probably have residents who enjoy it too.
- It’s all here: Your Brandon Wilde residence is more than just the amount of square footage. You have access to our recently renovated dining room, wellness center and library as well as our auditorium, raised gardening beds and more. Plus all the dining and entertainment options of Augusta are nearby.
- Options, options, options: We have a variety of floor plans and financial choices to fit your lifestyle and budget.
- No more chores: At Brandon Wilde, we offer weekly housekeeping and can handle the inside and outside maintenance along with any appliance, plumbing, and heating and cooling repairs.
- Chauffeur services: Don’t feel like dealing with traffic? Let our transportation services take you to doctors’ appointments and community events.
- One check covers it all: With just one monthly payment, your residence, housekeeping, interior maintenance and upkeep, dining, social activities, classes, fitness center, and a wide range of utilities are taken care of.
- Possible tax savings: Your monthly service fee could qualify as a medical tax write-off. As with any financial matter, consult with your tax adviser.
- World-class performances: Our auditorium frequently hosts educational speakers and world-class musicians from the Augusta symphony.
- Ponds: Not one, but two tranquil bodies of water are on our campus to stroll around or sit beside.
- Room to roam: Step out for a breath of fresh air and you’ll find plenty to explore on our 73-acre campus featuring everything from well-kept flower beds to groves of trees.
- Home to real wildlife: Thanks to the work of our bird- and animal-loving residents, Brandon Wilde was officially named a National Wildlife Mini-Refuge.
- Billiards and darts: Challenge your friends to a game of pool or darts.
- Putt-er around: When you live near Augusta, it’s hard not to enjoy golf. Practice your short game on our putting green.
- Concierge service: Need a dinner reservation, event tickets, or just information about what’s happening around town? Let our concierge help you plan your social life.
- Room for family: Reserve our private dining room or clubhouse to host your friends and family for holidays, celebrations and other life events.
- Longevity: We’ve been proudly serving seniors for over 30 years, and our partner, Life Care Services®, has almost 50 years of senior living leadership experience. Together, we’re well prepared for whatever the next 30 years hold.
Ready to explore our 30 reasons to love Brandon Wilde or find some of your own? Start by checking out your floor plan options with our floor plan fit calculator.